12/4/14

10hr solo MTB race - Wanaka 2014

I like this race, that's why I keep coming back. The tracks are awesome to ride - big burms with good flow, steep climbs, forest single tracks, mountain views .....   
The weather forecast sounded horrible this year - with rain, wind, snow. But actually it did turned out not too bad. This year's race was going to be another good test to my plant based diet. I have completely eliminated all the processed foods from my diet. If man made it, we don't eat it. Thanks to my partner we have a nice veggie garden full of kale, spinach, silver beat, radishes, beans, carrots.... So the staples of our diet are now fruit, veggies and legumes. We have also eliminated all processed sugars and gluten from our menu, too. Many people ask us - so what do you eat? Believe me, we are definitely not starving. It opened up a whole new world of nice foods and choices we did not know about. It's a journey I am really enjoying at the moment.
 Anyway - back to the race. I was not disappointed with the result. We are getting older, right? But I still managed to beaten my time from 3 years ago when I have won the race. This year I finished 3. due to very competitive field. Very happy with that. So it looks like I will stick to my plant based diet for now.
See you out there.



My support crew - Lance.