7/19/14

2013 BIG DAY OUT AT THE OFFICE

So happy that this race is back. It is still one of my favourite multisport races. 
This year had pretty good race. It was also good to see many of my friends on the start line.  During the first cycle leg I was quite happy to do some in the first bunch, where I found myself riding next to Glen Currie and Dougal Allan. Then on the run I somehow lost few gels so was running on empty for the last hour. Not happy place to be! So good to see my support Lucy and Lance in the transition :) I managed to gain few minutes back on the next cycle where I pushed hard and ate lots of food. Due to flooded Rakaia the kayak leg was on water race. Thanks to Monty - Ian Edmond for helping Lucy in the transition. I felt so good in the boat that I just kept on passing others. After the paddle it was only a short cycle back to Methven. After 6hrs and 42 min on the go the only thing left to do was relax in the hot pool with Jess Simpson :)